Why and when you see White text or missing buttons in the visual editor?
- This WP error is common and you see it when your browser gathers cache
- If there is any installation issue
- This issue may be due to use of many plugins (conflicting plugin) as these Plugins starts interfering JS files.
- This may be due to lack of TinyMCE plugin in your theme
Simple solutions to get rid of the issue:
- Update your WordPress site to the latest version
- Change the theme or update it
Method 1: Install TinyMCE plugin in your theme
- You need to go to ‘Plugins’ to resolve the issue
- Click on ‘Add New’ option and search for TinyMCE plugin
- Activate this plugin after installing and refresh your site. Buttons soon be reappeared in WordPress visual editor and white text issue will also be resolved.
Method 2: Clear the Browser CacheBut still, you face the same issue, you should clear cache and check whether the issue is resolved or not. You should also use different browser when you see this error. You should try different browsers as well. If you find that issue is restricted to only one specific browser, then you need to clear the cache and restart the application.
Method 3: Replacing TinyMCE script in your web serverIf these two methods don’t prove helpful, it means there is a corrupt file in WP. This problem may be arises due to installation issues so you should try replacing /wp-includes/js/tinymce/ folder with fresh copy make thing normal.
- Access public_html folder
- Select wp-includes using FTP
- Now go to the theme folder ‘select js in wp-includes’
- Select tinymce script
- Upload a fresh copy of file named ‘ js TinyMCE’
Method 4: Go to wp-config.php folder and fix with itOpen file named ‘wp-config.php’ and add the given line to the top (after php opening tag)